Bermudagrass.com - An Informational Website From Seedland.com
Phone Business hours - Mon-Fri. 9-5 EST ONLY - Contact via
* PLEASE NOTE: LAPALOMA IS A PREMIUM VARIETY FOUND IN OUR LAPRIMA BERMUDA GRASS BLEND. SEEDLAND DOES NOT CURRENTLY SELL LA PALOMA BERMUDAGRASS SEED AS
A SEPARATE ITEM.*
turf type Bermuda Grass grown from seed, LaPaloma bermuda grass seed has proven to be a perfect choice for high end grass projects. including lawns, golf tees, fairways, roughs, and sports
fields throughout the world La Paloma bermuda grass seed produces a high quality, dark green, dense but fine textured Bermuda Grass release by Dr. Leah Brilman, Research Director
for Seed Research of Oregon.
LaPaloma has a finer leaf texture than most bermuda grass varieties, improved cold tolerance, and has shown better persistence under low light conditions caused by overcast, cloudy
conditions, or shade from trees and structures. LaPaloma exhibits short plant height which is a distinguishing characteristic among available seed propagated varieties. This
bermuda grass is noted for good stolon length and for rapid cover and fill in on planting sites – important for earlier opening and use of planted projects.
La Paloma Bermuda Grass Facts
La Paloma Bermuda Grass seed is ideally suited planted as a straight variety, or as a seed component in a certified bermuda grass seed blend, such as LaPrima. It can be
seeded into new turf grass projects, or inter-seeded into existing seeded or vegetative bermuda to improve the overall quality of a turf grass site.
La Paloma Bermuda Grass Features And Uses
- High turf quality with fast establishment
- Uniform dark green color - Dense, fine texture
- High seedling vigor
- Increased winter hardiness - Clones selected from Beltsville, MD for improved cold tolerance
- Excellent for golf tees, fairways and roughs, sports fields, parks and commercial landscapes
- Fast establishment
- Superb drought tolerance
- Excellent overall turf quality
- Improved performance under humid conditions
- Fast wear and divot repair
La Paloma Bermuda Grass Areas Of Adaptation
La Paloma Bermudagrass is a warm season grass that will grow in these USA and Canada zones.
Planting Zones : Zone 6 SW, Zone 6 Transition, Zone 7 SW, Zone 7 SMW, Zone 8 SW, Zone 8 Transition, Zone 8 SE, Zone 9 SW, Zone 9 SE, Zone 9 Tropical, Zone 9 East Texas/SE, Zone 10
SW, Zone 10 SE, Zone 10 Tropical.
Seeding Rates For La Paloma Bermuda Grass
- Seeds/lb: 1.5–2 million
- New Turf:
2–3 lbs/1,000 sq ft 90–125 lbs/acre
- Repair of existing turf:
0.5–1.5 lbs/1,000 sq ft 25–65 lbs/acre
Establishment of La Paloma Bermuda Grass
- Germination: 5–7 days
- First mowing: 18–21 days, depending on usage
- Full coverage: 4–6 weeks under ideal conditions
a beautiful tomorrow!®